Are you struggling with Facebook app and Microsoft Store not working? Check out these 10 fixes to get things back on track.
Troubleshoot with Store Apps and Refresh Techniques
– If your Facebook app or Microsoft Store is not working properly on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 device, there are a few troubleshooting techniques you can try.
– First, try refreshing the app by closing it and then reopening it. Sometimes this simple step can resolve minor issues with the app not working properly.
– If refreshing the app doesn’t work, you can also try resetting the app. To do this, go to the Settings app, then navigate to Apps > Apps & features. Find the Facebook app or Microsoft Store app in the list, click on it, and then select the option to reset the app.
– Another troubleshooting technique is to update the app to the latest version. Go to the Microsoft Store and check for updates for the Facebook app or the Store app itself. If there are updates available, download and install them to see if that resolves the issue.
– If the app is still not working, you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Go to the Settings app, then navigate to Apps > Apps & features. Find the Facebook app or Microsoft Store app in the list, click on it, and then select the option to uninstall. Once the app is uninstalled, go to the Microsoft Store and download and install the app again.
– In some cases, the issue may be related to corrupted files on your device. You can use the Windows Troubleshooter to scan for and fix any problems with the app or the Microsoft Store.
– If none of these troubleshooting techniques work, you may need to consider updating your Windows to the latest version. Sometimes, issues with the Facebook app or Microsoft Store can be resolved by installing the latest updates for your operating system.
– Keep in mind that if you’re using an older version of Windows, such as Windows 10, you may want to consider upgrading to Windows 11, as this could potentially resolve any compatibility issues with the apps.
Update Drivers and Software
To fix issues with the Facebook app and Microsoft Store not working, it’s important to make sure that your drivers and software are up to date. Outdated drivers and software can cause compatibility issues and lead to malfunctions in apps and programs.
First, update your device drivers. Go to the Device Manager by pressing the Windows Key + X and selecting Device Manager from the menu. Look for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark, indicating that the drivers need to be updated. Right-click on the device and select Update driver. You can also visit the manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest drivers for your hardware.
Next, check for software updates. This includes updating your operating system, as well as any other software that may be causing compatibility issues with the Facebook app and Microsoft Store. Look for updates in the Windows Update settings and make sure to install any available updates.
For the Facebook app and Microsoft Store specifically, you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the apps. Go to the Start menu, right-click on the app, and select Uninstall. Then, reinstall the apps from the Microsoft Store.
In some cases, issues with the Facebook app and Microsoft Store not working may be related to graphics drivers. Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date, as outdated drivers can cause display and performance issues with apps and programs.
Finally, consider running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. This built-in tool can help identify and fix issues with Universal Windows Platform apps, including the Microsoft Store.
By updating your device drivers and software, as well as reinstalling the Facebook app and Microsoft Store, you can address many of the common issues that cause these apps to malfunction. If you continue to experience problems, consider reaching out to Microsoft support for further assistance.
Reset, Reinstall, or Try Alternative Solutions
Reset the Facebook app
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap on Apps & notifications
- Find and tap on Facebook
- Tap Storage
- Tap Clear Data
Reinstall the Facebook app
- Uninstall the Facebook app from your device
- Go to the app store and download the Facebook app again
Try alternative solutions
- Use the Facebook website on your browser instead of the app
- Check for any updates for the Facebook app or your device’s operating system
- Contact Facebook support for further assistance
Restart Devices and Consider Facebook Lite
Restart Devices: If you’re experiencing issues with the Facebook app or Microsoft Store not working, a simple restart of your devices may help resolve the problem. Start by restarting your computer or mobile device to clear out any temporary glitches that may be causing the issue.
Consider Facebook Lite: If you’re using the Facebook app on a mobile device and encountering issues, consider using Facebook Lite instead. This is a lightweight version of the Facebook app that is designed to work well on lower-end devices or in areas with poor network connectivity. It may provide a more stable experience if the regular Facebook app is not working properly for you.
Consider uninstalling the regular Facebook app and installing Facebook Lite from the app store to see if it resolves the issues you’re experiencing.