If you’re experiencing issues with your Asus K55V battery not charging, you’re not alone. This article will provide you with some helpful tips to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
Troubleshooting Hardware Issues
To troubleshoot the Asus K55V battery not charging issue, start by checking the AC adapter and power cord for any damage or loose connections. Make sure the adapter is plugged in securely to both the laptop and the power source. Use a different power outlet to rule out any issues with the current one. If the laptop is not booting up, try removing the battery and using the AC adapter alone to power it on.
If the laptop boots up without the battery but not with it, the issue might be with the battery itself. Check the electrical connector on the battery and the laptop for any debris or damage, and clean it if necessary. You can also try using a different battery charger or USB-C cable to see if that resolves the issue.
If the battery is not being recognized by the laptop, you may need to update the device driver or check the BIOS settings. Open Device Manager to see if there are any issues with the battery or power adapter. You can also try resetting the BIOS to its default settings to see if that helps.
Updating and Reinstalling Battery Drivers
To update and reinstall the battery drivers on your Asus K55V, follow these steps:
1. First, go to the Device Manager by pressing the Windows key and searching for “Device Manager.”
2. Once in the Device Manager, locate the “Batteries” category and expand it to reveal the battery drivers.
3. Right-click on the battery drivers and select “Update driver.”
4. Choose the option to search automatically for updated driver software.
5. If there are updates available, follow the on-screen instructions to install them.
6. If updating the drivers does not resolve the issue, you can try uninstalling the battery drivers by right-clicking on them and selecting “Uninstall device.”
7. After uninstalling the drivers, restart your computer to allow Windows to reinstall the drivers automatically.
8. If the issue persists, you may need to download the latest battery drivers from the Asus website and manually install them.
Following these steps should help resolve the Asus K55V battery not charging issue.
Performing a Power Reset
If your Asus K55V battery is not charging, performing a power reset may resolve the issue. To do this, start by shutting down your laptop. Once it’s off, disconnect the power cord and remove the battery from the laptop. After a few minutes, reinsert the battery and plug in the power cord.
Next, boot up your laptop and check to see if the battery is now charging. If not, try performing the power reset again and see if that resolves the issue. Sometimes, a power reset can help to recalibrate the charging system and get things back on track.
If the issue persists after performing a power reset, it may be necessary to seek further troubleshooting or possibly replace the battery. Be sure to check for any error messages or unusual behavior that could indicate a deeper issue with the battery pack or power connector.
Utilizing ASUS Battery Health Charging Feature
To fix the Asus K55V battery not charging issue, you can utilize the ASUS Battery Health Charging feature. This feature allows you to prolong the battery lifespan by adjusting the maximum battery charge. To access this feature, right-click on the battery icon in the taskbar and select “ASUS Battery Health Charging.” From there, you can choose from three different modes: Maximum Lifespan Mode, Balance Mode, and Full Capacity Mode.
If your battery is not charging, try switching to the Maximum Lifespan Mode to see if it resolves the issue. This mode limits the maximum charge to 60% to prolong the battery lifespan. If the issue persists, you may need to recalibrate the battery by fully charging it and then discharging it completely.
In some cases, updating the device drivers or the UEFI firmware may also resolve the battery not charging issue. You can check for updates through the ASUS support website or use the ASUS Live Update utility.