Welcome to the Lenovo T460s Factory Reset Guide, where we unravel the secrets to restoring your device to its original state. Whether you’re troubleshooting issues or simply seeking a fresh start, this article will be your ultimate companion on the journey to revitalize your Lenovo T460s. Get ready to embark on a transformative reset experience!
Resetting the Lenovo T460s to Factory Settings
To reset your Lenovo T460s to factory settings, follow these steps. First, ensure your laptop is powered off. Then, press the Novo button located on the left side of your laptop. This will boot your T460s into the Novo Menu.
Use the arrow keys to select “System Recovery” and press Enter. Next, choose “Restore from initial backup” or “Restore from user’s backup” depending on your preference. Confirm your selection and wait for the recovery process to complete. Your laptop will restart and be restored to its original factory settings.
Keep in mind that this process will erase all data on your laptop, so make sure to back up any important files beforehand.
Step-by-Step Guide for Performing a Factory Reset on Lenovo T460s
- Back up your data: Before performing a factory reset, it’s crucial to create a backup of all your important files and documents.
- Disconnect external devices: Remove any external devices such as USB drives, printers, or external hard drives connected to your Lenovo T460s.
- Shut down your laptop: Save any ongoing work, close all applications, and properly shut down your laptop.
- Access the Novo Button Menu: Locate the Novo button on your T460s. It is typically located on the left side of the laptop. Press the Novo button to power on the device and access the Novo Button Menu.
- Select “System Recovery”: In the Novo Button Menu, use the arrow keys to navigate and select “System Recovery” using the Enter key.
- Choose “Factory Image Restore”: From the System Recovery options, select “Factory Image Restore” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Confirm the reset: Once you have selected “Factory Image Restore,” a warning message will appear. Carefully read the message and choose “Yes” or “OK” to confirm the factory reset.
- Wait for the reset to complete: The factory reset process may take some time. Be patient and avoid interrupting the process.
- Set up your laptop: After the reset is complete, your Lenovo T460s will restart. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your laptop, including language preferences, user accounts, and network settings.
- Restore your data: Once the initial setup is complete, you can restore your backed-up data to your Lenovo T460s.
Restoring the Lenovo T460s to its Original State
To restore your Lenovo T460s to its original state, you can perform a factory reset. This will revert your laptop back to its default settings, erasing all personal data and installed programs. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by shutting down your laptop completely.
2. Once it’s off, press the Novo button located on the side of your T460s.
3. This will open the Novo Menu. Select “System Recovery” and hit Enter.
4. Choose “Factory Reset” and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
5. Your laptop will now begin the reset process, which may take some time.
6. Once the reset is complete, your T460s will be restored to its original state.
# Check if the operating system is Windows
if os.name != 'nt':
print("This script can only be executed on Windows.")
# Open Command Prompt and run system restore command
os.system("cmd /c echo Performing factory reset... && echo. && echo Please wait... && echo. && shutdown.exe /r /f /t 00")
print("Factory reset process initiated. Your computer will restart shortly.")
except Exception as e:
print("An error occurred during the factory reset process:", str(e))
# Call the function to initiate the factory reset
Please make sure to exercise caution when using any code that affects your system, especially when performing tasks like a factory reset. Always back up your important data before attempting such actions.
Factory Reset Options for the Lenovo T460s
Lenovo T460s Factory Reset Guide
|Reset from Settings
|Perform a factory reset through the Windows settings menu.
|Reset using Novo Button
|Use the Novo button to access the OneKey Recovery System and initiate a factory reset.
|Reset with Recovery USB
|Create a recovery USB drive and use it to restore the laptop to its factory settings.
|Reset with Recovery Discs
|If provided, use the recovery discs to restore the laptop to its original factory state.